Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

We have noticed my sisters dog who we are looking after has

We have noticed my sisters dog who we are looking after has a big lump by his tail it doesnt hurt him but its not right im soo worried hes registered to a vets in huntings Huntingdon but he is with us in harlow
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the dog had this lump?
Customer: Literally about an hour ago he has been with us since sunday i sent a photo to my sister and she is worried
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 9 Im sure i would of noticed this lump before now
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Marley?
Customer: Erm he hasnt had any other health issues he hasnt been acting differently really he naps alot but loved walking still. He is a chuahua/jack russel xx
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I havent had an email yet? Please tell me this isnt no scam as i paid the £5 just worried about marley

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Sorry about the delay in my response. This is no scam, I can assure you :) I am a UK practicing vet with 5 years of experience.

I have a few more questions about Marley, if that's ok?

Do you know if he is up to date with vaccines, flea and wormers?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
off course

Thank you. Is there any chance you could send me a quick picture before we proceed with the phone call?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Its not letting me do it

I am sorry to hear about this. Is there any chance you could try from a different device?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (LV66L46)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Did you see the picture?
Hi! Yes, received it. Any chance you can take another one. This time lifting his tail?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (3L33VVS)
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (1QM7P7M)
Thank you. Is it possible.he might have played a bit rough with another dog today? Or he might have fallen off?
It.almost looks muscular, like a swelling type.... Haematoma would be on my list if there’s a history a potential accident(?)
My advice hasn’t changed, he’d still need to have a hands-on examination tomorrow. But I’ll be honest: it doesn’t look like a typical perineal hernia
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No he hasnt been around any other dogs hes been running around on a field he has been walking a couple times a day the last couple of days he has been weeing up bushys and stinging nettles
I see. Just keep an eye on it till he gets checked by one of my colleagues. It’s a very strange swelling, hard to say what it could be without feeling it....
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I must admit he probably doesnt get walked half as much as we have been walking him its not been intense but my sister doesnt take him out every day
If it is an effort induced soft tissue injury, he should be screaming in pain at the size of that lump.... Muscle rupture, tendinitis or neuritis are quite painful. I’d expect at least a low degree of lameness...
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
He doesnt seem bothered by it at all hes sleepy but he is naturally very sleepy anyway, we have got him booled in with his vets in huntingdon tommorow so im going to travel to take him im just worried as it must have come up today i would have noticed it before today, sorry to be panicking my sister and my family have lost soo much this year and im petrified we love marley lots and to top it off its my sisters 30th tommorow so im hoping and praying its nothing serious or horrible
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If its something thats recently become apparent surely it wouldnt be anything sinister sorry maybe im just clutching to straws crazy how much we love animals hes my furry nephew as i call him
Aww, bless you! That’s good to hear; my colleague will give him a.good check-over tomorrow! He is very lucky to have such a caring family just keep an eye on and if you have the slightest doubt, let me know.
Have a good night!
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you so much for your help fingers crossed its nothing to worry about i will let you know the outcome