Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

She has had a problem with her eye for a few weeks now. It

She has had a problem with her eye for a few weeks now. It is weeping and her actual eye is red. She's a rottweiler. She has been to the vets a few times for this. They gave her antibiotics and eye drops maxitrol but it hasn't helped the issue
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Rottweiler's name and age?
Customer: Ava and she is 3 years old.
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No nothing else wrong with her

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Ava.  Can you upload close-up photos of the eye to our conversation?  You can upload photos by texting them, or by using the paperclip or add file icons above your message box...if you can see those icons on your device.  You can also use an external app such as dropbox or navigate to justanswer.com/help/using-justanswer and scroll down to "other".

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (1VSVMQL)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (45QV7Q7)
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
She has gloppy stuff coming from her eye
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (47SZLMP)

Thank you but lighting is too poor and blepharospasm (squinting) prohibits my assessing the eye properly.  Her vets have missed the diagnosis.  In the last photo, I believe that I see swelling (grey) at the lateral limbus of the cornea.  I can't tell what it represents from here.  Please see image below:

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it us definitely swollen
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is*

If her vet in unable to clarify what's going on and treat appropriately, ask to be referred to a specialist veterinary ophthalmologist. This is a painful eye and needs attention promptly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK thanks you

You're quite welcome.  My best to Ava.  I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Will do. Thank you xx

I appreciate it.