Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Hi there, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Chewy has done this.
Has he also eaten the wrappers?
Do you have any idea which of the chocolates they were (some are darker choc than others)?
And he hasn't actually ingested the wrappers?
I am just typing my reply now which will take a few minutes.
The great news is that Chewy did not eat a toxic amount of chocolate.
This is because he only ate a maximum of 6 small chocolates and we know that some of the chocolates were not entirely chocolate filled.
No vet treatment is needed.
We do need to monitor in case Chewy does develop some mild signs such as vomiting or diarrhoea.
It would be sensible to offer a bland meal of chicken and rice tonight and to continue with bland food tomorrow.
Do offer Chewy plenty of water.
Not at all and I'm glad to be able to give good news.
This window will remain open so you can check back in if anything changes tonight or tomorrow.
Hi there, how is Chewy doing now?
I do hope all is well with Chewy.
If there is anything else, do let me know.
Ah brilliant. Thanks so much for letting me know, it does mean a lot.
Have a lovely day!