Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
Hello, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear Bella has done this.
Do you know what she weighs?
Is she on any medicine at the moment?
It is advised that we seek veterinary treatment if dogs have eaten 50mg/kg or more.
For her, this means more than 16 x 50, or 800mg is toxic.
Unfortunately, she has eaten 1000mg.
So it is advised she sees an emergency vet now.
They will induce vomiting and may also offer supportive care such as fluids and ant acids.
Activated charcoal may also be given.
If she is treated promptly, her prognosis is excellent.
However, if untreated, she is at risk of stomach upset, ulcers and even liver disease, shock and death.
If you need the details for your nearest emergency vet, please send me your postcode.
Hi there, how is Bella doing this morning?
I hope all is well and please feel free to respond at any time.