-I think it is fine for now.
- A well-ventilated glass enclosure is recommended. Having an enclosure with one side that is mesh or screen can improve ventilation, but might make maintaining temperature and humidity more challenging.
-A 40-gallon tank is appropriate for a single adult.
-Rankin's dragons do like to climb and bask in high places. Branches, climbing bridges, vines, and reptile hammocks can provide these opportunities. Make sure there are no protruding parts that could cause harm.
-Plants can add moisture and hiding areas. Real or fake plants can be used.
-One or more shelters should also be provided.
-Substrate can include paper towels, newspapers, shelf liners, reptile carpet, sand, potting solid, and dry coconut fiber. Avoid substrate that can be swallowed while eating or feed in a separate enclosure.
Temperature & Lighting
-A temperature gradient of 80F on the cool side and 100-100F on the basking side should be provided. Use multiple thermometers to assure correct heating.
-They should have light 10-12 hrs daily. Darkness at night is necessary. A ceramic heat emitter can help maintain night temperatures.
-Rankin’s dragons need UVB rays to get Vitamin D so they can use calcium. A 10 or 12-percent UVB lamp is appropriate. Most of the enclosure needs to be exposed to this light for 12 to 14 hours a day. UVB bulbs should be changed every 6 months.
-Humidity levels should be around 40 percent. Automatic misting or misting the tank daily can help maintain this humidity. A hygrometer is recommended to be sure you are keeping the humidity at the right range.
-Rankin’s dragons drink water drops from plants, drink from a dish, and soak to stay hydrated. Make sure the water dish is large enough for them to fit in but shallow enough they can easily climb in.
-Make sure to clean the dish daily as the will eliminate during soaking.
-They are omnivores so require insects and vegetables. It is important to provide variety in the diet
-About 60 percent of their diet should consist of insects while the remaining 40 percent is vegetables.
Some good insect include:
Black solider fly larvae
Waxworms (these should be given as the occasional treat, not regularly)
-Vegetables can include:
-Adult dragons should be fed daily. To avoid health issues, dust the food with calcium supplements a few times a week as well