Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

I have a mom with newborns and she is vomiting please help

I have a mom with newborns and she is vomiting please help me
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Does the vomit look liquidy or foamy? Is there food in it?
Customer: she ate lots of food
JA: Could she have eaten anything unusual?
Customer: we wiped her with some wet tissues bcz she was bleeding a little
JA: What's the newborn's name?
Customer: and we are suspecting that she licked herself after and maybe that caused vomiting
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: vitamins we gave no names yet yes... We took her to the vet for a consultation they did ultrasound and ray x ray said 17 will delivery date and 4 kittens My husband came back from work and found 3 delivered in the box and 4th was half way he pushed the kitten out this was all yesterday after that we prepared clean area and moved mother with kittens
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
However, today in the afternoon he noticed blood, and when we checked the babies it turned out its 5 of them!She delivered the last one approximately 12 - 15 h later... She didn't go to the toilet during this episode and then first she had a large firm stool, however after half soft and then soft... He then took a wet wipes( SEBAME OIL WIPES BABY- FOR DELICATE AND DRY SKIN with WHEAT GERM OIL) and helped her clean herself, and gave her to lick multivitamin from the tube...
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
After approx 1,5h she vomited while breast feeding... Looked like it was all of the sudden... She vomited 3 times, first time lots of food with acid, second a little what was left over, also food and acid and third time only sound, one small dot of acid only... She returned now to feed the babies... Please help me
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It's 5 AM here and our emergency vet does not responds.... Please tell me what should I do, I am very scared
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
TROY NUTRIPET IS THE NAME OF Vitamin
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He think it's wipes that caused, I am afraid that is something with delivery related...
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ITS A CAT MOMMY

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Apologies about the wait, my shift has only just started.

Are you concerned about the sickness or about the fact that there is some bloody discharge from her back end post partum?

It is normal to have some discharge for a couple of days post partum. I wouldn't;t be concerned about that. Also if she was sick twice, still no worry with labour. Make sure she is feeding well, nursing the kittens and if the sickness continues, we will need to do a set of bloods at your local vet.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask when you come back online.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your answers…
You’re more than welcome! Hope everything is ok