Teodora B
Teodora B, Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  Expert
110306982

lt;my jackrusel _staff has been sick for the past two days since yesterday he has been passing blood. He has not eaten anything since Tuesday please help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Dog
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. Does the dog also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: Yes
JA: Does the dog seem to be in any pain?
Customer: No
JA: And what's the dog's name and age?
Customer: Jack 9yrs
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Jack?
Customer: No

Hello! My name is***** will be the expert to assist you today with your vet-related questions.

Is Jack uip to date with vaccines, flea and wormers?

Just to summarise out phone conversation, my best advice (since there is a hemorrhagic gastro-enteritis) is to book the little one in for a hands-on consult at your local vet. I strongly suspect we are dealing with something infectious here and time is at the essence. See if they can accommodate a house visit for you. The alternative would be a member of the family or a kind neighbour to take him to the vets for you. Some places have the Pet Taxi as well - please try to see if you can find any in your area.

In the meanwhile, please keep him on a bland diet like boiled rice/chicken/white fish (no bones) or a commercial diet like Hills i/d or Royal Canine Gastro-Intestinal. You can try to get a probiotic as well like Protexin Prokolin or Fortiflora.

For any further questions, feel free to ask.