Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

My 1 year old cat is sleeping all day not eating getting

My 1 year old cat is sleeping all day not eating getting angry when been petted
JA: A lack of appetite can seem worrying. The Expert will know how to help. Does the cat seem to be in any pain?
Customer: She is just sitting in the one place and hissed at my grandson when he petted her I offered her some ham that she loves and won't eat it
JA: What's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** just gone 1 year she is fully vaccinated since april
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Hazel?
Customer: No

Dr. Michael Salkin is typing. Please be patient.

I'm sorry to hear about this with Hazel.  Somnolence (sleepiness) and anorexia are important clinical signs but they're not pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of any one particular disorder. Does Hazel associate with other cats and could have been bitten or injured outside?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
She does fight with other cats male cats keep coming round she is neutered

Thank you.  I suspected that she was febrile.  There's a good chance that she suffers from a festering bite wound at this time.  Do your best to have her vet attend to her.  I don't want your getting hurt by trying to examine her without her being well-constrained such as could be done by a veterinary nurse.

Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I don't need to call thanks

Please ignore the phone solicitation.  Please continue in this conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok I will get her vet to see to her tomorrow thank you

I'm pleased to hear this.  I can't set a follow up in this venue and so please return to our conversation with an update at your convenience.