Mike McIntyre
Mike McIntyre,
Experience:  Veterinarian at Sioux Nation Pet Clinic
106239999

My dog won't put any weight on his back right leg hes fine

My dog won't put any weight on his back right leg hes fine in him self still eating and drinking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Patch and hes 14 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He was put on medication from pets at home vets Rheumocm
Hello and welcome to Just Answer and Happy Thanksgiving! This is Dr Mike and it will be my pleasure to assist you with your questions today. I have over 20 years of experience in small animal medicine and surgery. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your little one, I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost to assist today and to see if we will be able to resolve this quickly for you. Please be patient with me as it takes time to review and write detailed recommendations. Shortly you will receive an offer from Just Answer for a phone call, this is not directly from me and you do not have to accept it. If you prefer we can continue this whole conversation here. I will begin our discussion today with some questions to better understand your concerns. To start with, have  there been any changes in eating, drinking, defecating or urinating most recently?
Are there any underlying medical conditions or medications that I should be aware of?
Will it be possible to send some video of this leg?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No change hes just his happy little self just wont wait bare on his back leg
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Would like to carry on like this
We can message all here. The system automatically offers the call.
Does it seem that it just started? Is the knee area tender or sore if you palpate on it?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No he lets me touch his leg and he stretched his leg out when hes on my bed
Would it be possible to video this lameness and upload the video here for me to review?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
i can do that shall i do it through email ?
When sending pictures or videos do not text them to this number as it is just message forwarding number. They will then not be sent through for me to review. Instead you can send them through the Just Answer application or attach them to the message line with the paper clip icon or camera symbol. Press the camera or paperclip symbol by the chat box where you type. You may also press the “Add Files” button. Then select your photo(s).
Or you can upload to google drive or drop box and share the link with me here.
The Just Answer app can also be downloaded and it may be easier to then upload pictures/video through the app also.
This sounds like there may be an issue with the ACL (Anterior cruciate ligament ) in the knee. When this is stretched or strained/tore we can see this type of signs. Over time with rest and also nonsteroidal antiinflammatory the leg can come back to more use. If the ACL totally tears, then they typically can not put any weight on this leg. Then you may need to discuss surgical options with your veterinarian. Aspirin at 5 mg/pound every 12 hours can reduce inflammation and pain.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you i will try this kind regards ***** *****
You are more than welcome. We can keep this message open for some days also, I am here daily and am readily available for follow-up. Please keep me updated as to any changes or concerns that may arise. If you wish for my help in the future. You can ask customer service to forward your questions to me, Doctor Mike. Start the questions “For Dr Mike only and no other expert” I am here daily and will be happy to follow up. It has been a pleasure assisting you and Patch today. I wish Patch a speedy recovery and have a good day and Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for using Just Answer. Dr. Mike.