Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

I changed my cat food a while back now my cat is covered in

Customer Question

I changed my cat food a while back now my cat is covered in sores or scabs
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the sores? Has the cat been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: Licking and pulling out fur for a few days
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: Daisy 11 years
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Daisy?
Customer: Nothing, on no medication, normally very healthy, affectionate, eats and drinks well and goes to the toilet normally
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 11 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.
I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern.Does she go outside?When was she last treated for fleas and mites and what was used?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
She's always outdoors, not far from the house, used 4 fleas tablet recently and then drops on the back of her neck and a worming tablet
Do you know what the drops were called?More often than not, the signs she's showing will be caused by fleas.Unfortunately, many spot on aren't affective so we need to use specific ones.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I forgot what it was called I always just use 4 fleas tablets but the pet shop owner suggested the drops as well, they were in a green peppet
Most pet should products aren't strong enough to treat and active flea infestation. 

I'd advise Advantage spot on (available OTC) if unable to get a prescription spot on.

On the same day, we must treat the environment and any other pets.

We should hot wash all bedding and blankets over 60°c, hoover daily and use a flea spray such as Indorex or RIP Fleas.

If itching persists, she may need some prescription anti itch medicine and antibiotics from her vet.

I do hope this has helped and please let me know if you have any further questions,

Take care,

Linda.