Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

Well I just got a dog the other day off Someone and I just

Customer Question

Hello well I just got a dog the other day off Someone and I just want to get her cheeked and stuff way the vet and get her mcrochiped
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the dog's situation?
Customer: just to get her registered with a vet and Micro chipped and get her cheeked out because I just got her the other day and I don’t know nothing the lassie didn’t tell me anything
JA: Is she taking any medications?
Customer: nope
JA: What's the dog's name and age?
Customer: narla don’t know her age they told me she’s 9 months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: She’s scared off men as well
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

Narla should already have a microchip, it is required by law that all dogs and puppies have them before they are sold or re-homed. You can take Narla to your local vet practice to have the chip checked and they can advise which company the chip is registered to. You can they apply to the company to change the details to yours (this is also a legal requirement in the UK that the details be up to date and correct).

It will be quicker and easier for you to ask the previous owner to get the chip registration details for you. They will need to confirm that the ownership has changed.

If you don't have a previous vet history for Narla or cannot get one from the previous owner then register Narla with your nearest vet practice and they will give book an appointment to give Narla a full physical examination and discuss all the necessary preventative treatments they recommend (eg vaccines, spay, flea worm and tick treatment)

A full physical examination will reveal if there any pre-existing problems you need to now about as well like retained baby teeth.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Okay thanks so much can I just walk in to one and see

Most vet practices are by appointment only although a few offer walk-in appointments. Are you registered with a vet already with another pet?

Would you like help to find the contact details of your nearest practice?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nope

Take care. I hope Narla settles nicely into your home.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Could u send me details

Where do you live?

Use this link the RCVS find a vet practice tool

https://findavet.rcvs.org.uk/find-a-vet-practice/