Susan MRCVS
Susan MRCVS,
Experience:  Expert
112619934

My small dog, Gizmo has died overall, can you cremate him

Customer Question

My small dog, Gizmo has died overall, can you cremate him and give me the ashes?
JA: I'm so sorry to hear that. Let me get you the Vet right away. Before I do, is there anything else you'd like me to share?
Customer: Thanks Greg Brand
Expert:  Susan MRCVS replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’m a veterinary surgeon in the UK. I will try and help you as best I can.

I’m sorry to hear that Gizmo has passed away.

Is Gizmo at home or at a vet clinic?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi there Susan
Gizmo is at home, I can bring him to the location of the crematorium

Do you know where your crematorium is? Do you need help to find their contact details?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No, I’m not aware of the location of,or the process of having his body cremated and returned to my son, whose dog he is.Please let me know more details.Thanks Greg Brand
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I await your instructions regarding Gizmo

Where in the country are you and I will do a google search

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Barnstaple, Devon
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your help

I cannot find a pet crematorium near you, there is one Exeter and one near Weston-Super-Mare

You might find it better to take Gizmo to your local vet practice and they can arrange cremation for you. Which vet was Gizmo registered with?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your help.I’ve found one and will make the arrangements.Thanks for your help and good bye

Take care. If you feel you'd like to talk to someone about your loss, Blue Cross have a dedicated service. https://www.bluecross.org.uk/pet-bereavement-and-pet-loss