Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog is getting worse, he has been having seizures of some

Customer Question

My dog is getting worse, he has been having seizures of some sort where he can’t get his breath then he keels over and starts whaling then pooing and weeing himself
JA: I'll do all I can to help. I know how frightening seizures can be. Were you able to get a sense of how long the episode lasted?
Customer: it only lasts about 30 seconds to a minute, some are big seizures some are small ones
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know?
Customer: i think his hearing is going too and his eyesight
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What is your dogs name, age and breed? These seizures could be due to Epilepsy which is a primary brain issue and can be controlled with anti seizure medications. You will have to have your veterinarian examine your dog and run the diagnostics to rule out other serious issues that can cause seizures such as liver disease and brain tumor as well as many other causes. I hope that he will a condition that is treatable but only through the diagnostics will you know.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His name is ***** ***** he’s a pug cross and he’s 12 years old and yes it makes sense thank you

I worry more about the older dogs such as Booboo and the pugs tend to have more issues. Make sure your veterinarian runs the diagnostics so your sweet Booboo can be treated and feel more comfortable.  Good luck!!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, I’m trying to get an appointment now
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 8 days ago.
Good for you! I hope sweet Boo-boo feels better soon♥️