DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

My cat is not eating and doing strage noise and I cant touch

Customer Question

Hello , My cat is not eating and doing strage noise and I cant touch him. He`s licking at the bottom, area .
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is your cat's name and age?
Customer: Fluffy , 5-6
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you. Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Good morning! Nice to meet you.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Hi! Sorry to hear that Fluffy is having trouble. Is there any blood in his urine?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No , is not.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Thank you so much. Has he been going to the litter box more?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Really don`t know .. we just came from work and saw him like that .. now he started eating ..
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
no
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me a few minutes to type my recommendations.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Okay, I am back. This is almost for sure to be a lower urinary tract problem.

This is likely not a UTI but rather crystals in the urine or possible inflammation of the

Bladder wall. When male cats are straining to urinate, it is considered a medical emergency.

This is because there is a chance they can block completely. If that happens, then time is of the essence if we are to get them through. I would recommend you take him in today for an examination. They will collect a urine sample and analyze it, and ultrasound the bladder.

If he is partially blocked or there are many crystals in the urine, they will want to flush out the bladder to remove them. Subsequently, they will place a urinary catheter to allow the tissues to heal while at the same time letting urine out.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I can send you a picture if you need with the area.
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

That would be great. It will allow me to confirm my suspicions.

Paul

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
File attached (7M2M5ZM)
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

Yes, I think that he is blocked, and unable to pass urine. Let's get him in right away.

Paul

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok thank you
Expert:  DocPaul replied 7 days ago.

You are so very welcome- Please keep me apprised. And, have a happy and safe year!

Please feel to reach out to me if you have any more questions regarding this problem or any future concerns.

I am here to help!

Paul

Expert:  DocPaul replied 6 days ago.

Good morning.

It has been my pleasure to assist you. If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Expert:  DocPaul replied 6 days ago.

Thank you so much for using Just Answer.

If you have more questions about this or any other problem, please feel free to request me. I would love to help.

Paul