Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

She has something growing on her stomach it looks like some

Customer Question

Hi she has something growing on her stomach it looks like some sort of big skin tag and she keeps catching it and it’s bleeding
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: Staffordshire bull terrier
JA: How badly is the Staffordshire Bull Terrier bleeding? When did this start?
Customer: only started bleeding today and it’s dripping constantly
JA: What's the Staffordshire Bull Terrier's name and age?
Customer: Bella and 14
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Bella?
Customer: no nothing that i can think of
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 9 days ago.
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet.Thank you for your question.When did you first notice the growth?
Is it growing?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It came about 4 months ago but it was only tiny and over the past couple of week it’s grown about the size of a golf ball
Thank you for this additional information.Has she been spayed?Would a photo of the growth be possible?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
she has and I will send over a photo now
Thank you, ***** ***** downloading it now.
I agree this does look like a skin tag. It seems to have become infected.Short term, we should bathe it in salt water and protect it from licking by using a buster collar. If this doesn't help, a loose cotton t-shirt can cover it.While we don't often remove skin tags, it is worth considering removing one like this if it continues to bother her.A vet check is sensible for an assessment and as she may need antibiotics.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It doesn’t seem to be hurting her or even bothering her as such, thanks for you help

Not at all and I'm glad she is not bothered by it.

This window remains open and you can check back at any time with further questions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.