DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+yrs Exp in vet care. Emerg, Int Med, Ultrasound, Gen Practice
20798050

Our 14/15 year old Victorian dog Arthur is drinking water

Hello our 14/15 year old Victorian bull dog Arthur is drinking water excessively & urinarting lots sometimes having “accidents” indoors also hobbling when walking ( arthritis?) giving him dog supplement UMOVE &SALMON OIL
JA: Hi there. I'll do all I can to help. When did you notice this change in urination? Does the Bulldog seem hungrier than usual?
Customer: the urination issue has been coming on slowly last few months and yes he always seems hungry
JA: Does he also seem more tired than usual?
Customer: he still goes out in the large garden & short walks & yes he does sleep lots but we thought that maybe just because he is elderly
JA: What's the Bulldog's name?
Customer: Arthur
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Arthur?
Customer: he is still quite mobile despite his age & possible arthritis…generally happy & engaging with everyone still protective over the property when front doorbell rings etc

Hello there. This is Dr.Paul Brazzell. I am sorry that you are having trouble with your pet; I can understand how stressful it is for you. I will do my utmost best to help you. Please note that it may take a few minutes to see my reply to your posts. Discussing the case by phone allows me to be more efficient and accurate in assessing the problem. Now, let’s see if we can get this sorted out for you. Please let me know when you are ready to begin.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hello Dr Paul

Good afternoon! Nice to meet you.

Sorry to hear about Arthur. Is he neutered?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
he is neutered

Thank you so much. Has he been losing weight? Is there any blood in his urine?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
He does look thinner although he is a bully bread no blood in urine

Thank you so much. I will try calling you again.

No one is picking up?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Not had yr call???***********

Is that the number that you entered into the system?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.

Okay, I will try again,

Paul

Good luck with Arthur tomorrow.

Paul

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
sorry forgot to ask would METACAM help with Arthur’s leg? The Arthritis?

I would not give that until we know why he is drinking more. We do not want to damage the kidneys if they are already having trouble.

Paul

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you that is what I thought also appreciate yr time H

Happy to help!