Veterinary questions? Ask a Vet for Answers ASAP
I understand your concern for Flo.
Was this milk or dark chocolate?
Thank you, ***** ***** just calculating the toxicity now.
Unfortunately as it was quite a large amount of dark chocolate, she has eaten about 50% over the toxic dose.
We could see vomiting, diarrhoea, muscle tremors, restlessness and an irregular heart rate.
Signs can take 6-12 hours to develop but she should be seen now.
The vet can induce vomiting and the sooner this is done the better.
They may also offer activated charcoal and fluids.
As she has had pancreatitis before, this is especially important as the fat could trigger another bout.
I do hope this has helped and please let me know if there is anything else,