Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

He has a hanging growth on his foreleg, he has had this for

Customer Question

he has a hanging growth on his foreleg, he has had this for sometime but has recently started to lick it alot.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: he also has a lump on his ear which i believe is a aural haematoma'
JA: Maybe I'm confused. I thought you had a problem with a pet. Is that correct?
Customer: he is a Akita 10 yrs old
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the Akita's name?
Customer: Kai is his name
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: he seems very depressed and lathargic
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 21 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry that Kai has this problem. This mass you speak of on his foreleg is most likely cause by a benign tumor but once he starts licking at this, it can ulcerate and cause him a great deal of discomfort. If you cannot keep him away from this, it will have to be removed. Since Kai is older, it is best to remove this now before it gets too large to remove. This mass on his ear, if this is an aural hematoma, often will resolve on its own with time. Your veterinarian can perform surgery to remove this fluid and apply sutures to cause adhesions so this does not recur. It is best for Kai to have your veterinarian examine Kai and remove this mass and drain the hematoma. 

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
thank you very much. do you know roughly what the cost to have all this done

It is hard to know since costs vary. You can call and ask for an idea of cost. Please let me know how Kai is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
no thank you, ***** ***** was only supposed to pay £5 initially but £21 has been taken already from my account. i am a oap and am struggling at the moment financially and this is why i needed to know all this.

I am not sure of the cost issue….please talk to customer service by clicking the CONTACT US button on your screen…good luck!!