Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Blood is coming out in his urine it's a small chihuahua 7

Customer Question

Blood is coming out in his urine it's a small chihuahua 7 yrs old
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the Chihuahua's name?
Customer: Bo
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No not that you know of
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 16 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am sorry that Bo has this problem.  Most often, this is caused by a Urinary Tract Infection or UTI. You can give Bo 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar every few hours which will acidify the urine so the bacteria cannot grow. This is not curative but will start to help if this is the problem. Bo could also have bladder stones that will cause blood in the urine. There also is a possibility of a bleeding issue that will require diagnostics to determine the cause and appropriate treatment.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank-you very much

You are very welcome! Please let me know how Bo is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No worries much appreciated

❤️❤️