Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I think My dog buddy needs a x-ray on his back rightly leg a

Customer Question

I think My dog buddy needs a x-ray on his back rightly leg a dog had nock him over last year and his we leg hasn't been right it keeps going on him please ring me thanks lorna
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with your dog?
Customer: I think my dog buddy needs a x-ray on his back right leg a dog nock him over last year and hasn't be right it keeps going on him please ring me thanks lorna
JA: Where does your dog seem to hurt?
Customer: Back leg
JA: OK. What is your dog's name and age?
Customer: Buddy coming 3 years old this September
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Buddy mckee
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No just this thank you
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 16 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry, Lorna, that Buddy is having this problem. I am not able to make phone calls but I am happy to answer your questions. For now, give Buddy aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs to reduce the inflammation and discomfort from this injury. This may require an X-ray and other diagnostics since this could also be caused by a ligament problem.

Since this has been going in for awhile, it is unlikely that this is a fracture but probably involves the ACL or a ligament that will require surgery. If this has gotten worse since the incident, this may have been a partial tear that has now. Become a total tear that will require treatment.

You will have to consult with your veterinarian for the diagnostics to determine the cause and appropriate treatment.

Does that make sense to you, Lorna?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Yea it's getting worse
There are a number of possibilities that can cause this to get worse. The only way to know for sure is to have your veterinarian examine Buddy and run the diagnostics. Then they can make a plan to help Buddy past this. Treatment will be determined after the cause is found. I hope this helps, Lorna. In the meantime, start Buddy on the aspirin at 5 mg per pound of his weight every 12 hrs WITH FOOD. This will reduce the inflammation and discomfort he is feeling.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 9 days ago.
I am sorry that you are disappointed by my answer. I tried to give you the possibilities, Lorna and gave you a treatment that will help in the meantime. You did nit respond with any questions but I am happy to answer any other questions you may have concerning Buddy’s discomfort. Please let me know how he is doing and if I can help. 

Dr. Loretta