Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My 6 month old kitten has had diarrhoea for a little over a

Customer Question

my 6 month old kitten has had diarrhoea for a little over a week now, is there anything i can do?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Did the kitten eat anything unusual recently?
Customer: no she’s had a diet of dry biscuits, i got her just under 2 weeks ago and we have kept a close eye on her but she’s eating and drinking okay, she’s quite skinny
JA: What's the kitten's name?
Customer: Sabre
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Sabre?
Customer: she hasn’t been spayed yet, she had been wormed and deflead before we got her
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 16 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry that Sabre has this problem. I would urge you to have a fecal exam done by your veterinarian since this could be caused by a parasite such as coccidia or Giardia and this will require specific medications to resolve this.  For now, add a teaspoon of canned unspiced pumpkin to each meal which will add fiber . Sometimes, this starts and it is hard to stop this until something helps the digestive tract calm down. this can be done by fasting Sabre for 12 hrs to allow her digestive tract to calm down and give the pumpkin. If this does not help, your veterinarian will check for other parasites and treat accordingly.

Does that make sense to you?