Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
103237793

My dog had a seizure at about 10:15pm which lasted about 1

My dog had a seizure at about 10:15pm which lasted about 1 minute, she had no history of having seizures. She's now had a second seizure at 12:05 which kadted about 30-40 seconds
JA: I know how frightening seizures can be. Let's get you talking to the Vet right away. Is there anything else you'd like me to share about the dog?
Customer: Shes a 12 year old staffie
Hello, you are through to Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience.I'm sorry to hear this and appreciate your concern for your dog.Has she been unwell or is she on any medicine?Is it possible she's eaten something toxic?
Hi there, could you see my reply above?

Without further information it is difficult for me to provide the best advice but I will try.

Please reply when you can and we can continue the conversation.

A seizure at this age can have several causes including:

• Toxin build up due to liver or kidney disease
  • A recent toxin ingestion
  • A recent head trauma
  • An infection of the central nervous system
  • A brain tumour 
  • Etc.

A vet check is important to check her over and also to run some basic diagnostic tests such as a blood test, to check for any underlying issues.

The vet can start her on anti seizure medicine and can also provide some rectal Diazepam to give at home if another seizure were to occur.

It may help to keep her environment calm, dark and quiet, to try and prevent triggering further fits.

I hope that this has been helpful and please let me know if there is anything else.

Take care,

Linda.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank u for ur reply, casey saw a vet early tjis moring after suffering more seizures and unfortunately was put to sleep
Oh I am so very sorry to hear this sad update.  

I hope you're doing okay, this must have been a real shock for you.