How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Linda Simmon Your Own Question
Linda Simmon
Linda Simmon, Veterinarian
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 8115
Experience:  MVB MRCVS
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Linda Simmon is online now

I'm bringing my cats to the UK from Mexico and I would like

Customer Question

Hello. I'm bringing my cats to the UK from Mexico and I would like to know whether the vet certificate, updated vaccines and chip are sufficient or do I need an antibody test against the rabies vaccine.
JA: Hi there. The Expert will be able to answer your vaccine questions one-on-one, plus any follow-ups you may have. Are there any more details you'd like to add before I connect you?
Customer: No, that's all, thanks
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 16 days ago.

Hi there, this is Dr Linda, a UK based vet with 10 years of clinical experience.

As Mexico is a listed country, the UK will accept a pet health certificate.

A pet passport would not be accepted.

There are no rules for an antibody test for Rabies, no.

As you say, they will need a microchip and to be up to date with their Rabies vaccine as well as Tapeworm treatment.

It is always sensible to call DEFRA directly, to confirm this with them and to make sure there have been no recent changes.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you very much!
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 16 days ago.

No worries at all.

Can I help with anything else today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** wanted to make sure but will also call DEFRA
Expert:  Linda Simmon replied 16 days ago.

Sure thing and wishing your cats safe travels!