Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

She has a cataract right eye that is totally now, she allso

She has a cataract right eye that is totally white now , she allso has a lump come up on her leg and a lump on her ankle that is getting bigger
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What type of animal are we talking about?
Customer: staffy called Snookie and she has been to you before
JA: When did you first notice the Staffy had this lump?
Customer: the one on the outside of her leg she’s had for 3 weeks approx oh and she got a lump on her inside ear as well
JA: And what's the Staffy's name and age?
Customer: snookie about 11 ish
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Nookie?
Customer: no she’s eating and drinking but I don’t know if she’s in pain her name is Snookie
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry that Snookie is having these problems. It is not unusual as they age to develop cataracts and you should consult a veterinary ophthalmologist to determine if this needs to be removed. Most often, if she can see out of her other eye, she will adapt to this without any problems. 

These lumps you see are also common in older Staffy’s but it is hard to know if they are benign lesions or cancer lesions that would need to be removed and biopsied. Your veterinarian will do a fine needle aspirate of these lumps to determine if it is important for Snookie to remove these. Often, these are benign and as long as they do not interfere with function, they are not removed.

Hopefully, these are benign and she can see out of the other eye but it is best to find out from your veterinarian.

Does that make sense to you?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
thankyou but will she be able to see the Pdsa vet

I am not sure about seeing the PDSA veterinarian but you should call. It is always a good sign that Snookie is eating  and active. You may not have to do anything since she can see well out of the other eye. The other eye is close to white means that her sight is foggy but she can see shadows at least and may nit require treatment.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thankyou very much

You are very welcome! Please let me know how Snookie is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️