RebeccaC921
RebeccaC921,
Experience:  Expert
110217497

My cat has started to fall over when walking, Since Friday,

My cat has started to fall over when walking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me a little more about the cat's situation? How long has this been a concern?
Customer: Since Friday
JA: Does the cat ever go outside? Are they taking any medications?
Customer: No, he's a indoor cat
JA: And what's the cat's name and age?
Customer: He's 14 year old and his name is*****: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Shadow?
Customer: Nope He's stop jumping up And walks round in circles

Hello there,

Welcome to Just Answer. We are an online advice service. You are through to Dr Coles. I am a UK based vet. I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your cat.

Also, please note that we experts are not employees of Just Answer, but independent here. As such, we are not aware of when you posted your question and I apologize if there has been a delay. I will get back to you as soon as I can, there can be a delay (especially with time difference) however I will respond to you. Can you tell me a little more about what is going on?

Is it any leg in particular? when did he stop jumping up? Is he eating ok?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From Friday, both back legs. Also moving very slowly. He is 14 years old and an indoor cat. He's eating, but not grooming himself

It sounds like your cat may have an issue such as osteoarthritis. This can stop jumping up etc. I would not however expect this to cause walking in circles. My concern with this would be that there could be something neurological going on. I would recommend contacting your vet as soon as possible.

Often back pain, hip pain and arthritis can cause difficulty jumping/moving around and also decreased grooming. I would recommend getting him checked by a vet ASAP so that he can get some pain relief and rule out other underlying coniditions.

Dr Coles