Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 48 years of experience.
55012488

Salkin, I have been monitoring the lump but I was away over

Customer Question

Hi Dr Salkin, I have been monitoring the lump but I was away over the weekend and he was staying with my family, and checking it now that I'm back I'm really worried. I don't know what's happened and neither do they.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hopefully these are some better pictures
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 8 days ago.
This still is most likely a histiocytoma in such a young dog.  Have Finn's vet needle aspirate it and examine the aspirate microscopically.  Histiocytomas are easy to confirm in that manner.  They usually reach a certain size and then crumble away.  A few just keep growing and need to be surgically excised.

Before deciding what, if anything, needs to be done, have the cell type of this growth confirmed.  That should assuage your fears.

Please respond with additional questions and concerns if you wish.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 days ago.

If you need clarification on anything I've posted or have additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

I hope I was able to answer your question satisfactorily.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite expert.  You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish: Dr. Michael Salkin.