Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Its for my rabbit, from the right leg side skin started

Customer Question

its for my rabbit
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with your rabbit?
Customer: from the right leg side skin started disintegrating and can see the flesh till the belly
JA: Where does your rabbit seem to hurt?
Customer: leg
JA: OK. What is your rabbit's name and age?
Customer: leo and she is 5
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nuthing else
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  Dr Megan replied 13 days ago.
Hello, I am Dr Megan and I will be helping you today. 

Could you send me photos of the your rabbit's leg please?

Expert:  Dr Megan replied 13 days ago.

I am very concerned if you can see open flesh on your rabbit's leg and side. Lots of things could have caused this skin problem such as a wound if your rabbit got injured, urine scald, skin infections,  fly strike from maggots in the skin or other causes.

• Is he eating ok?
  • Is he moving around ok?
  • Can you send me through some photos?

Your rabbit is at high risk of getting an infection and is likely to be in pain if there is open flesh. In hot weather flies can lay their eggs in open flesh and cause fly strike infection too. 

Expert:  OleksandraC-admin replied 11 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Oleksandra
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry that Leo is having this problem. It does appear that he is suffering from some form of infection that will require immediate veterinary intervention. Since you see flesh in his leg, this will require disinfecting with a good antibacterial solution and systemic antibiotics. I wish I could tell you more but it is clear from your description that he will require serious veterinary attention. Please let me know how Leo is doing and if I can answer any other questions ❤️