Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Hedgehog eye puss and biting, today and no he hasn’t, he’s

Customer Question

Hedgehog eye puss and biting
JA: I'll do all I can to help. When did you first notice the pus? Has the hedgehog been licking or rubbing the skin?
Customer: today and no he hasn’t
JA: And what's the hedgehog's name and age?
Customer: he’s called bean and he’s about 6 and a half months
JA: Is there anything else the Vet should know about Bean?
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 4 days ago.
Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.
I am so sorry that Bean is not feeling well. This eye pus tells us that he has an infection in one or both eyes and this will require treatment. For now, apply Terramycin Ophthalmic Ointment to each eye after cleaning out this pus with a warm cloth. Use this every 6 hrs which will help resolve an infection. This is available at any Walmart in the animal department or pet store over the counter. It is important that you have your veterinarian examine Bean to be sure there is not a corneal ulcer which can be very serious for him if left untreated.

Does that make sense to you?