David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.

skoda octavia ambiente 2003 1.9tdi AU03ARX.all courtesy

skoda octavia ambiente 2003 1.9tdi AU03ARX.
all courtesy lights failed.
Interior, Bottom of Doors, Red warning on centre of dashboard for doors open.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This delay is not good for your claim to answer questions within minutes

yes I am still waiting considering your company has taken funds from my credit card £14.00.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

continue searching

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

contine searching

Thank you for getting back to me and apologies for your question not being answered yet. We will continue to look for the right Professional to assist you.

Hello and welcome to just answer, sorry for the delay in answering your question.

Could you please supply me with a bit more information with the problems that you are having.

Does this affect all the doors with regards ***** ***** warning light and courtesy lights?
does everything else work such as the windows and central locking?

Have you had any work done to the car recently?

Kind Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello David,

Yes all doors are affected,

yes everything else works except the rear passenger door window I can hear the micro switch clicking when i press the drivers control Rt-hand drive car

no work on car other than oil change and tyres.

Regards Brian.

Hi Brian

Thank you for the information.

The first thing to check will be the fuses if you haven't all ready done so as it's a quick simple test. The next step would be to check the carpet on the passenger side for any signs of water ingress. The wiring loom runs along that side of the car. If there is any signs of water then the loom can start to corrode and fall apart.

Then after that you will need to check for live feeds to the convenience control unit as that one controls all the doors. Also if it's possible and you know anybody with diagnostic equipment you could get them to check the fault memory of this control unit.

Let me know how you get on with these and feel free to ask for more help when you require it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a friend who is on holiday in Cyprus who has a computer checker

for fault diagnosis but he will not be back until June.

I will check the floor for water ingress.

Where is the Convenience Control Unit.

The convenience control unit on these is usually tucked up under the dash board on the drivers side so well away from the carpet area. It is on amounting plate where the clutch pedal is located.

David-VAG, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: I've been working on VW cars as part of my job doing repairs and diagnostics.