Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Technician with over 35 years experience in the automotive industry.
13230946

I have a 2006 VW Golf SDI 2 ltr car. Twice now it has

Customer Question

I have a 2006 VW Golf SDI 2 ltr car. Twice now it has stopped dead in the road. I have taken it to mechanics who have replaced the filter and a cam shaft sensor (sorry, I’m not sure if this is the proper name!). Coming home one night 2 dashboard lights came on. An amber steering wheel and a car with skids. There is also a red spanner flashing for a while now.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Wolfgang, Master Vw Tech.

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.
  1. Ok the lights , one is for the steering module and the other is for the reaction control / ABS.
  2. The red Wrench is the reminder for normal service (oil change).
  3. You will need VAG/COM scan tool to scan 03 module and 44 module for faults .
  4. There should be some history code of what what going on . Right now it could be alot of things and need to narrow it down to a couple .

This needs to be done before any further progress.

if you have any questions just shoot a reply

thanks