sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a vw polo 6n2 1.0 litre I have fitted a new egr

Customer Question

Hi I have a vw polo 6n2 1.0 litre I have fitted a new egr valve, cleaned the throttle body and the pipe to the valve but the the engine check light still comes on after about 10 miles any ideas thanks.
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay. I am returning to the platform.
Dear customer, have you scanned your car? if so, could you give me please the error codes it present? Thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi my code is P0401 thanks

Dear customer, I am sorry for the delay and I hope you have a nice start week.
If you already replace the EGR valve, now you must check the catalyst and see in what condition it is. Also if the combustion in the cylinders is not the correct the sensor gets activate too. So you should check spark plugs and coils and watch if the combustion is ok. Once you check these the problem persist you you check the lambda sensor and if it not working ok, you should change it.
i also coul mean Restriction in the EGR passages, usually caused by carbon buildup so you should check them too.