Nathan B
Nathan B, NVQ3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

My bonnet on my car won't unlock. even if i just pull the

Customer Question

hello, my bonnet on my car won't unlock. even if i just pull the wire off the lever. i had a look underneath but I'm not sure what to do. is there another way to release the bonnet?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: VW Scirocco tdi gt 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Scirocco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: all i have tried so far is trying to get better access to the cable and pulling, as well as access through the front right wheel arch. I've had a look underneath but unsure whether i can get to the latch from there
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the cable has little to no movement now when pulled
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 7 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, could you tell me please if you have checked the bonnet mechanism so far?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hello, no i am and was unable to check the mechanism

Dear customer, have you not tried to enter through the bottom of the engine?

When you look at the engine below you will see a plate that protects the engine when removing this plate you can access the entire inner part of the hood but from the bottom and it is a very good way to reach the hook mechanism of the bonnet locks.