experteer
experteer,
77184159

I own a mk6 2010 1.6tdi golf match, for a little while the

Hi I own a mk6 2010 1.6tdi golf match, for a little while the ABS/traction control warning lights have been on, have anyone got any suggestions as to what it may be and how it can be resolve?Many thanks
Lee

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

You can't say what's going on that way.

The lamp is only an indication that something is wrong in the ABS /ESP system. The system itself is very complex and the causes of error are manifold.

Therefore the error memory should be read out first of all. This first says where to start with the search.

Experience has shown that the Golf mk6 often has problems with the encoder rings on the rear axle. These rings are actually magnetic strips evaporated onto the wheel bearing. These are detached due to aging sometime and the signal which the ABS sensor picks up is no longer plausible.

In this case the wheel bearing would have to be exchanged, because the ring is evaporated here.

In rare cases a defect of the steering angle sensor or the ABS control unit is the cause.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.