Nathan B
Nathan B, NVQ3 motor mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

When i purchased my 58 reg vw golf 1.9TDI the phone button

Customer Question

when i purchased my 58 reg vw golf 1.9TDI the phone button on the 'steering wheel was bleeping when i was pressing it, not knowing what i was ment to do to connect phone, now i know how to connect , but im pressing the phone button and nothing is happening, there's no tone or beeping happening at all, please give advice on how to resolve this, as i've asked everyone, tryed to google etc and there is no mention of this issue anywhere
JA: How has the VW been driving lately?
Customer: totally fine thanks
JA: What year is your Golf?
Customer: 58 reg
JA: Are you fixing your Golf yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes im doing myself, and asked at garages, tried google, youtube and read the hand book and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 years ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, I would like to know what fsteering wheel specifically is, it would be good if you could share a picture by attaching it in the clip that is at the top of this chat to know exactly what button it is.

I understand that the button was working but you had not succeeded in settling the phone to the computer, now that you have connected the button no longer works,right?