experteer
experteer,
77184159

My vr6 w reg has a reoccurring fault with central locking

Hi Hi
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Hi my vr6 w reg has a reoccurring fault with central locking where the drivers side will not respond to the fob or the internal lock/ unlock button. I have disconnected the battery and reconnected it which gives a short term repair but after a day or so the fault comes back - any ideas would be appreciated thanks Kev
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: No should I replace even though all other doors lock
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I m trying to , have only tried disconnecting battery so far, but have removed door panel and replugged all connections
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

I think the problem is the lock itself. The locks are quite well known that the mechanics in the lock fail and the small servomotor for the central locking.

Then the lock sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Disconnecting the battery can have an effect, because the lock usually doesn't know if it's open or closed, by disconnecting the battery the value is reset.

Please check the cables in the lead-through between A pillar and door to see if they are broken there. ( This error is rare and unlikely, but I don't want the lock to be changed without having checked it first.

If this is ok, replace the door lock.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for advice I will purchase lock and send you feedback

You´re welcome

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m ok for the moment I will call if I’m stuck