Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

2008 VW Passat CC - where is/are the relays controlling the

Hi,2008 VW Passat CC - where is/are the relays controlling the blower fan?Regards

Thank you for your question, my name is Steve and I am i fully qualified technician with over 30 years in the trade, hopefully I can help you.

The heater blower resistor which controls the speeds of the blower fan is located up next to the blower fan up under the passenger footwell.

You first need to remove the baffle panel under the passenger footwell which is fixed in place with two plastic fittings, these should unscrew, looking up you should then see the blower fan with the wire coming from it, that will lead to the blower series resister.

After pulling back the tab at the end of the resistor the unit should slide towards the fan and will then be released from the heater housing.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask anything else. If this does answer your question please rate me and click accept, this allows me to continue.

Even after you have done this I can still answer further questions.

Many Thanks

Steve

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks Stephen, but my understanding is that this resistor affects all speeds except full speed. I have lost all including full speed.

That is often the case but not always. The resistor also includes an overheating fuse built into the unit, if this blows it will need a new resistor and will stop the fan operating at any speed, have you tested anything with a meter yet, it may be the case that the fan has failed, but you need to test for voltage at the fan and at the resistor.

I hope this helps but do get back to me for any further information.

Steve

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi again,

What do relays K15 and K75 do in my passat cc 2008 2.0 tdi? They're on what I think is called the Power Module below the steering wheel, offside.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It's a RH drive model.

Sorry for the slow reply, I have been away from the computer today, I have attached a diagram of the relay box, the replays 1 & 2 are the heater blower relays, is this the same as you have?

Steve

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yes relays 1 and 6 are K15 and K75. Are they both heater, I thought one was an electrical control relay.

Relay number 1 is the Heater blower relay and Relay number 6 is the starter relay according to the data I have although on relay number 6 it does say some models.

Steve