experteer
experteer,
77184159

I would like some advice from a volkswagen mechanic please

Hi i would like some advice from a volkswagen mechanic please it regarding my interest on a used car 2017 1.6 TDI GT PAN ROOF diesel passat saloon the total mileage on the car is 29230. The car was first registered on September 2017 i have seen the log book the keeper has done the first servicing after driving 13000 and second at 29000 miles. Does this invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty as i assume normally new cars would need to have it done at 10000 miles.
A new battery was replaced recently as well.
Break pads were replaced.
Rear tyre was replaced.
The car has done 29230 miles it was previously driven by only one person he had bought directly from volkswagen as PCP and now arnold clark is selling it.
For the peace of mind i am thinking to buy a 2 years extended warranty as well.
I have done a test drive on the car apart from the steering feeling a bit heavy is this normal ? Or should i had selected a different driving mode than a sport mode ?i notice nothing wrong with the car.
Could you please advise me your thoughts should i buy this car ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Or should i go for another one same model same year but automatic transmission without pan roof have only run 23000 miles but have 2 owners already ? Many thanks in advance

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

No the maintenance is ok, the car has a flexible service interval. On a new car, the first service is due after 20,000 miles or 2 years, whichever comes first. After that, every 20,000 miles or every year.

So the warranty's okay.

but I would still recommend the second car. The panoramic roof can have problems with leaks and jamming. Then it usually gets expensive. So if you don't need a panoramic roof, you should rather choose the car without a panoramic roof.

Two previous owners are not necessarily a problem, the car has only a low mileage.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi thank you for you advise i will be rating you a 5 star for sure just last one question i really like the pan roof one do you think 29230 is alot mileage for a this car in 2 and half years ? Would you think this car is reliable
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
also should i go for 3 years fully comprehensive covered warranty or 2 years warranty for parts and labour is okay as i see there are alot of different types of warranties in the market. Thank you

Both cars are good. The panorama roofs must be lubricated regularly by the workshop and the drains must be cleaned. If not, it comes to the named problems.

I would take the 3 years full warranty.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.