Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Second opinion] i would like some advice from a volkswagen

second opinion] Hi i would like some advice from a volkswagen mechanic please it regarding my interest on a used car 2017 1.6 TDI GT PAN ROOF diesel passat saloon the total mileage on the car is 29230. The car was first registered on September 2017 i have seen the log book the keeper has done the first servicing after driving 13000 and second at 29000 miles. Does this invalidate the manufacturer’s warranty as i assume normally new cars would need to have it done at 10000 miles.
A new battery was replaced recently as well.
Break pads were replaced.
Rear tyre was replaced.
The car has done 29230 miles it was previously driven by only one person he had bought directly from volkswagen as PCP and now arnold clark is selling it.
For the peace of mind i am thinking to buy a 2 years extended warranty as well.
I have done a test drive on the car apart from the steering feeling a bit heavy is this normal ? Or should i had selected a different driving mode than a sport mode ?i notice nothing wrong with the car.
Could you please advise me your thoughts should i buy this car ?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
The other option is SE passat 1.6 diesel auto transmission 2017 with 2 previous owners with 23000 miles driven with no panoramic roof but this one is quite far away from where i live any advise would be much appreciated to help me buy the best one

Hiya

Servicing on all VAG group vehicles can be done on a Time and Distance basis where servicing is carried out once a year or at 10000 miles whichever comes first. For higher mileage vehicles there is also the option to have the service carried out on a Flexible Service Schedule where the Servicing is carried out approx 2 years or 18000 miles when the Service Light shows it require a service.

You won't go far wrong with anything VAG group.

If you are looking for a vehicle of that sort of size have you considered a Skoda Octavia? There are some good deals on year old vehicles with approx 10000 miles on the clock!

Phillip

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your advise i am very much interested in VW passat which of the two option would you consider ? 2017 1.6 diesel with pan roof 29230 miles done which still has manufactured warranty until September this year or 2017 1.6 diesel auto which has done 23000 . And also what kind if warranty should i buy as there are alot of different warranties in the market. Thanks in advance

Hiya

The vehicle to go for is personal preference. Only you can decide!

As for warranties the manufacturers extended warranties are the better option. An awful lot of other warranties aren't worth the paper they arer written on!

Phillip