MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Passat 2005 1.9tdi 130 eng code awx. Changed fuel filter

Passat 2005 1.9tdi 130 eng code awx . Changed fuel filter without pre filling new one ran for few seconds then cut out primed the fuel to the filter , and to the dual vacuum pump ( with an in line hand primer with fuel returning via return hose ). When cranking car over for to long STOP appears on the dash. Have I broke it

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Good morning.

No, you didn't break the engine. The engine is just full of air where there should be fuel.

The pump nozzle engine has filled the entire cylinder head with fuel, which seeps through small holes in the pump nozzle elements. It takes a little while until this happens again. The whole thing has to bleed itself first.

The easiest and gentlest way to do this is to activate the electric fuel pump and let it run for about 4-5 minutes, this will push so much fuel forward that the whole thing will almost bleed itself. You can do this by bridging the fuel pump relay. The exact position can be found in the vehicle's manual.