sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I’ve had a problem with my rns 510 radio, it is the original

Customer Question

Hi I’ve had a problem with my rns 510 radio
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: it is the original radio
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: Cw golf mk6 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive tried updating it it won’t read disks it won’t go from German to English and keeps loading loading desired language and no sound is coming thought speakers
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that is it thankyou
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay and would like to know whom i am having the pleasure to chat with.

Dear customer,  what would worry me the most in your case is a deprogramming of the electronic electrical system of your Audi. First, I would check how the fuses and relays are first, but it seems to me that you already did it.

At this point, I would perform a simple reset of the factory data, the Audis have this detail that sometimes can be misconfigured and when doing a factory data reset, it brings without diagnostic equipment, nothing of the other world is solved and it is not that you have to go to the dealership any multi-brand garage with Vagcom software can do it.

About the central locking system,  as it has already checked the relays, it would go through the solenoid on the door.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.