sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a VW Eos and the sunroof will not open or close

Customer Question

Hi I have a VW Eos and the sunroof will not open or close properly, I have changed the motor on the sunroof as the Cog was badly worn and it is better but still seems to slip on the cable/Chain as it opens and closes, this is normally around the area where the roof lifts slightly when opening and closing, can you offer any advise on what to do
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: it is manual and 80k
JA: What year is your Eos?
Customer: 2007 57 plate
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I explained that in first message
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, it would be helpful if you could attach a video to see what the roof does, because I am concerned that it is a problem at the rail, the problem with the rail is that they tend to be annoying to solve it because you have to remove a large part of the roof, in general it may be that a bad effort was made with the sliding roof causing one of the bars to be bent, when the electric motor feels that there is a greater effort, the roof can be locked or simply it returns to the position from which it was.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I cant do that at the moment as I am at work

Sorry for that, th phone call is an automatic message form the platform.
I can keep clarifying all you need here m, without problem at all.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
what is involved in changing the rails if that is the case

Means that you will need to replace the whole roof almost, but first the ideal is to go from back to front, i.e starting from the tailgate to the roof.