sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

VW polo, 57 plate. Key opening not fob. My central locking

Customer Question

Good afternoon. VW polo, 57 plate. Key opening not fob. My central locking and alarm have stopped working.
JA: Have you checked the fob's battery?
Customer: There is no fob
JA: Are you fixing your 57 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fitted a new battery to the car
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's it. Central locking and alarm not working off of key, Does not have a fob
Category: Volkswagen
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It happened before 6 months ago, the car had been not ran for 4 months, battery was flat. Fitted new battery, alarm and central locking not worked, a mechanic friend took my keys a fixed it in 2 mins.
Mechanic is on holiday and have somebody wanting to buy my wee car.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer have you already checked the fuses and relays; also have you repalced the control battery key.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I'm not going to tell yous again. There is NO..... CONTROL BATTERY FOB.
IT IS KEY OPENING

Dear costumer it means that the problem is totally at the central lock system, i recommend you to start with the most basic that is to check the fuses and relays states,also if you have a lot of time with that battery it is a good time to do it. on the othern hand we would have to make a diagnostic to check the operation of central lock system, with an actuator tester through a vagcom diagnostic equipment where we can induce signal to check if it is working right or if it does not. in case you ain´t doing itby a diagnostic equipment we have to check what´s happenig at the module level.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Finished

Dear customer, a pleasure to serve you.