sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a VW 2.0 Passat with a 'split' rear seat. The small

Customer Question

I have a VW 2.0 Passat with a 'split' rear seat. The small folding back is fine but the larger , two seat portion will not pull down as the finger control ' handle ' is jammed . When heavy pressure is applied the red coloured tab does not flip up and release the mechanism and there does not seem any way to get into the mechanism . Don't know how this has happened 'cos we have no youngsters sitting in the back who may have caused it to stick !
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: Any suggestions ?
JA: What year is your Passat?
Customer: AJ59MRU
JA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes but only very gingerly -- a scredriver has no effect when pushed between the seat back and the chassis and the little flippy bit doesn't pop up enough to grab it with pincers . The seat appears to be in its' rightful position but try as we might we cannot get it to pull down to make the full boot width behind the driver and passenger seats .
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No , I think that's all I can describe .
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer it is hard to me to understand your consultation in written form, it is possible that you could attach a video to me showing the problems with the rear seats?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry, I cannot send a video so will look elsewhere for a solution . Thanks for your response.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you again . Please cancel my subscription . Many thanks.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I do not wish to continue the consultation . I will pay the five pounds but do not wish to continue with any Monthly subscription . Please cancel my membership.