sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I removed the automatic gear box cover to get car out of

Customer Question

Hi I removed the automatic gear box cover to get car out of neutral as it’s an automatic and battery died. I accidentally pulled out a plug for the gearbox and it won’t go back it
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: no
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: VW TIGUAN 2010
JA: Are you fixing your Tiguan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I would like to know more exactly which connectors are disconnected and what is the problem you have to connect it, it would be good to have a picture or some videos that you can attach to the platform or you can use the YouTube platform and share the link with me

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi I just sent a pic
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Hi did you see the picture?

Dear customer, what you see in the pictures is the connector of the selector that is down there, but I see it well connected, so perhaps it may be the plastic part that covers the selector where the hooks are that you cannot lower it completely and therefore you cannot completely close this part.

To do this you have to start the vehicle, put in drive, and take down all its cover to its place, then you put in stop again and turn off and that's it.

If you have any conflict please let me know.