sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I am having problem when changing the gears the car jumps,

Customer Question

hi, I am having problem when changing the gears the car jumps
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any fluid leaks lately?
Customer: 121000 miles and no leaks
JA: What is the model/year of your Volkswagen?
Customer: VW polo 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not tried anything
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this problem started since the garage did diagnostics and found transmission errors. he tried to delete the codes but car started jumping when gears change
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Dear customer my name is***** the expert who will attend you today, I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, if you wish you can tell me your name, to know who I have the pleasure to talk to, also if possible I would like you to send me a photo or video in which your fault is better appreciated, it would help a lot to improve my final answer. If you have done a previous check or diagnosis in which you have obtained any error codes, that would also be helpful. Please note that the system will automatically offer you a service call, this has an additional cost to the initial cost of the consultation, and not in all cases it is necessary, so I recommend you to dispense with the call for now, we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trusting in the just answer.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, My name is***** morning I took the car to a garage for a exhaust back box fitting. meanwhile I asked them to do diagnostics and see if anything. they found 2 errors, they deleted the codes and since then the Car started jumping when changing gears. the faults found are as follows:
-P0720 Output Speed Sensor Circ.: Malfunction Electrical Fault in Circuit
- P0715 Input Turbine/Speed Sensor "A" Circ. Electrical Fault in Circuit

Dear customer, have the connections of the speed sensor been checked?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He didn't touch anything, only connected his diagnostics computer to the car and as explained above.

Dear customer in my opinion there is a problem related to the OSS and ISS sensors, which are speed sensors, it is probably a failure of connections, if these are working incorrectly the gears will also fail, I have seen this problem in other vw and really the main reason for this are the wiring to these sensors, which may be corroded.

Dear customer, I hope you will heed the recommendations in my previous message.

Dear customer, it is my pleasure to serve you. You may wish to mark me as a favourite expert for future reference. I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a Favourite Expert. You will have the option to do so on your "My Questions" page or you can request me by name on the site if you wish. My name is @Exp-JoseSebas Thank you for trusting Justanswer.