Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 18+ years - master tech. 20+ years, SAE member
30385560

I have a Volkswagen crafter, 2019, i locked my keys in the

Customer Question

I have a Volkswagen crafter
JA: What is the model/year of your Volkswagen?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i locked my keys in the trunk I’m trying to open it but keys are locked in the trunk
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 108000 No
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Volkswagen
Expert:  Billy replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed. If you get prompted for a premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point. My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience. May I know your first name?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Bill
Expert:  Billy replied 12 days ago.

Good morning Bill,

The best and cheapest way to open the Van, if you have no other set of keys, would be by getting a locksmith to open it. Because any other method will cause damage to the vehicle, like breaking or bending a body panel.