Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.

How can I open the tailgate of a 2001 V70 Est.? Can access

Customer Question

How can I open the tailgate of a 2001 V70 Est.? Can access inside spare tyre well, is there any way from there? Does the (lower/larger) trim inside tailgate remove when door closed, or do I have to smash it to get at catch? Elec lock no prob. I believe, just mechanism jumped out of place somehow? Pleeeease help, thanx
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Enes replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name isXXXXX a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your will have to pry on upper tail gate cover remove pull carefully it will separate few cm than you can stick hand and tool to work in lock but is very thight no room but that is only way to brake open stuck tail gate lock . In worst case you will need tail gate cover inner if you brake it all way out can than buy second hand they have those all around .