Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.

I am desperate! My C70 convertible, rag top,flashes red warning

I am desperate! My C70 convertible, rag top,flashes red warning light and incessant beep without warning. Been to main dealers for re-calibration worked for a few days then started again. Took it back to main dealers in Preston, lasted longer but has returned. I never know what to expect will it beep or won't it.This is my second C70 cabrio but the first with this problem. No-one appears to be able to offer me a permanent solution but someone out there must know what is wrong.Volvo build them so why can't they repair them?

Enes : Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your question.
Enes : what you describe sounds like calibration or roof sensor potentiometer has failed
Enes : what you need to do scan for fault codes if any fixe
Enes : them
Enes : but I would re calibrate roof sensor and re calibrate all roof sensors to correct positions they loos position if roof was not used for long time

As I said in my question the above has already been done twice by main dealer in Preston . The effect lasted only a matter of weeks at a cost of £129.00. That is why I am clutching at straws. I don't want to be spending that amount of money every few weeks. Thanks but I am no farther forward. Is there anything I can do or look for or replace?

Enes : There should be fault codes stored in system did they tell you ?
Enes : If no fault codes are stored next step is to replace roof memory module

Is there anywhere in the North West that you could recommend to got this fault fixed for good? The flashing light and beeping noise disappears when the roof is open.

Enes : Give me you city or zip I can look in my system

Enes : ORMSKIRK ENGLAND post code L39 4SZ
Enes :
Enes : it shows they can help with volvo but if they can't help only way is volvo dealer garage