Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.

I have just taken delivery of a 2010 C3 automatic diesel with

I have just taken delivery of a 2010 C3 automatic diesel with 40,000 miles on the clock, about two weeks ago. After stopping the car and then accelerating away from rest the gear box will jerk abruptly, not every time but regularly which is most disconcerting and my be indicative of a bigger problem
What should I do?
Hello and welcome to our web page here my name is***** a Certified Volvo Car Expert Mechanic.I'm going to try today to answer your can problem with trans internal . But what you should do first before any repair . Run fault code scan on trans computer see if any error codes are stored if yes fix them . If that is good next step you will do . Best step now is use at VOLVO dealer transmission software update , then reset adaptation what will delete all shift points then you re learn transmission with new shift points for all gears . You also check fluid condition replace if it needs at same time . If that don't help then you move to internal parts like transmission control valve body !