Enes
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience:  18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.
20168386

Fault with 2009 XC70. The cooling fan runs at full speed even

Fault with 2009 XC70. The cooling fan runs at full speed even with the engine switched off, flattening the battery. Roadside mechanic unplug the fan and journey continued alright.
Do you know what causes this fault? Is it safe to conitue driving with the cooling fan unplugged?
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So far I have paid £13 for advice and received none! I would like to have expert advice, but if it is not possible to get a correct analysis of the situation, I would like to have my money back.

Don't drive with fan unplugged it will overheat damage. Engine . You should plug it back and drive with fan at high speed that safe to drive like that fan is running . But you will need a new cooling fan module what part built in engine cooling fan it self
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

This query refers to the ventilation fan not the engine cooling fan. Presumably the ventilation cooling fan. Does your answer still apply?

You can drive ventilation fan will not harm anything
Problem if is ventilation fan staying on that car has function on delaying the fan for 20 min to turn off after car is off that is normal to dry the air vents from moisture so it don't build smell .
But the system also can go bad and never shut down and drain battery in that case you install new blower fan motor module
Enes, Volvo Master Technician
Experience: 18 yrs+. experience as Volvo & ASE Certified Master Technician.